Monday, October 27, 2008

Proposition 8


Nationally acclaimed pastor Rick Warren announced his support in favor of Proposition 8, California's Protect Marriage Act.

Proposition 8 will restore the definition of marriage as between a man and a woman.  

Warren, founder and senior pastor of saddleback church is considered one of the most respected and influential pastors in America, and his support of Proposition 8 is unequivocal.  

"There is no reason to change the universal, historical definition of marriage to appease 2% of our population," Warren wrote.  

Click here for the protect marriage page

4 comments:

Reuven said...

Don't let a false "church" push you around! Pray to Jesus and you'll see that NO ON PROP 8 is the correct answer.

Rick Warren is a meth addict

smellame said...

Don't you love that we have a living prophet and scriptures and prayer? All of these things tell me that marriage is between a man and a woman. It doesn't mean we or Heavenly Father are less loving toward other people or their rights, but we should stand up for what IS right. I think you're great Mandy, hope you don't mind my reading your blog! It's nice when other churches stand up for the right things too, huh?

smellame said...

oh yes, and I love your goals. I want to get in on the friends one :)

Unknown said...

You are great Mandy! We love you! Yeah for Prop 8!

You know, I've been told that my denying marriage to same-sex couples is "un-Christian" and intolerant - that Christ himself would want everyone to be able to live in the way that they deem appropriate.

In my reading of the New Testament, I cannot find any support for this view from the Savior's life. Jesus loved and served everyone that he met, and preached that we should all do the same. However, not once did he ever excuse anyone in their sins or disobedience - rather he would preach to those he loved and cared about, earnestly hoping that they would change and follow Him.
He was the perfect example of loving the sinner and hating the sin. This is the Jesus I know. I can only hope to do the same.