Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Communication



You know what is crazy about communication? Well 70% of it is non-verbal. With cell phones, texting, and computers we only use 30% of good old communication. I think with texting you only use like 5%. Crazy isn't it. I once had a texting relationship with this guy for a few weeks. We texted constantly. I felt like we had a real connection and was excited to meet. Once we finally met I had no interest in him. We had no connection nothing really.

I know that texting can be easier at times to say something hard but remember that it is not really communicating. I have noticed that meanings can be misunderstood and lets face it IT'S JUST PLAIN OLD LAZY!!! Our generation is so spoiled. Don't get me wrong I think texting is great but try to have serious conversations at least on the phone or in person as much as you can. You can tell so much with body language, facial expressions etc. As technology gets more and more advanced don't forget good old face to face communication. It's amazing what can come from it.


5 comments:

Andrae said...

I like to text my husband sometimes...for me it is like passing a note in class :)

Mandy said...

I agree. I'm mostly talking about using texting to get to know a person. Or using it as the only communication in a relationship. It can be a fun easy way to pass on a message for sure:)

Leah Florence said...

Mandy you raise some really good points...I often think we give up full communication because we don't want to be vulnerable. Anyway I am loving your blog, you always have something interesting to say.

eebs said...

whts wrng w/txtg?
moflo I<3u big.bff!oao!

eebs said...

look! I'm a follower!! that's pretty cool.